Monday, February 20, 2012

CPS Sketch #253!

Well this is pretty exciting - not only did I manage to complete all 15 of the CPS Anniversary sketches, but I was able to play along with this Sunday's sketch, too!  My mother-in-law's birthday is coming up soon, so this worked out just perfectly... even my girls played along!

My card:

Cardstock:  PTI Rustic White, Dark Chocolate
Patterned Paper:  PTI Distressed Dots
Stamps:  PTI Year of Flowers: Collection, PTI Year of Flowers: Violets, PTI Just  The Ticket, PTI Fillable Frames Additions #2
Ink:  PTI Dark Chocolate, PTI Scarlet Jewel, Memento Tuxedo Black
Dies:  PTI Parisian Lace Doily, PTI Fillable Frames #8
Other:  Queen & Co Self-Adhesive Pearls, images coloured with Copics
I stamped the smaller violet cluster from Year of Flowers: Collection all over the Dark Chocolate panel, in Dark Chocolate ink.  The focal violet is popped up for some dimension, and  I went with slightly fancier shapes for the small rectangle & the circle in the sketch.  The only thing that could have made the making of this card any simpler would have been if PTI would come out with dies for their Year of Flowers series of stamps!  (*Hint, hint, PTI Powers-That-Be!*)

Next is Emily's card:

Supplies are mostly the same, with the exception of cardstock colours; Scarlet Jewel & Raspberry Fizz  were used on this one.
Not bad for a 7-year-old!  I think it's cute she had to slip a little teal in there with her pearls, as that's her favourite colour.  She pretty much did everything on her own, with the exception of die-cutting the doily, as it's a pain in the butt to run through (I need to invest in the metal shim; I just haven't gotten around to it yet).  Oh, and she suckered my step-dad into cutting out the flower & leaves for her.  (Which is hilarious, because my step-dad wouldn't have done that for anyone else... it's not very manly to cut out flowers, you know.  LOL!)

Finally, here's Lily's take on the sketch:

Supplies that differ from my card:
Cardstock:  PTI Melon Berry, Berry Sorbet, Rustic White
Stamps:  PTI Fillable Frames Additions #1 & #2
Dies:  PTI Fillable Frames #9
Other:  The Twinery Honeydew Twine, Lime Green Stickles
I must say, I was quite impressed with Lily's offering - considering she's only 2.5!  She chose her own colours, did her own stamping (with the exception of the frame that I inked up for her, the sentiment I inked & lined up, and the flower/leaves that I stamped for her to colour), and chose her own shape for the focal rectangle.  I cut out her flower/leaves, and put the adhesive on the pieces for her, and then she put everything together.  After that, she had to go pick out her own colour for the pearls, and then she decided it was still 'not weady' yet.  She thought it needed some 'stwing', as well as some 'parklies' (aka twine & Stickles), so I added the twine for her where I was instructed to, and helped her add the Stickles to the flower.  She still thinks it needs to be coloured on the inside, but we'll wait until the Stickles are dry before that happens! (lol)

Well, I'm off... Laundry needs folding, and then I need a shower!  (This only having 4 shirts and 4 pairs of pants that fit business kind of sucks - but I can't be bothered to spend more money on maternity clothes that will only be worn for roughly 8 more weeks, when that money could be spent on important things, like stamps!  I'll just suck it up & keep doing lots of laundry - or raiding my hubby's closet!  HA!)

Laters!
Steph

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous cards! Can't believe you only have 8 more weeks of pregnancy! Time flies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come on down and pick up some clothes here .They are sitting a box.
    ~L~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely designs and great job on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at CPS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! Thanks for joining us at CPS :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet!! And congrats on winning for the week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!