Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Mojo Monday #99...and some other stuff, too!

Today, we've got us a combo post - I used the Mojo Monday Week #99 sketch to make my Back to School themed card for the TGF Week of Challenges Monday Challenge... (Yep, I struggled for a while to figure out how to say that one with the least amount of words! LOL)

For this one, I coloured The Greeting Farm's Annika with Copic Sketch & Atyou Spica markers, and a couple Sharpies (for her hair)... Man, will it be nice to get my hands on a few more colours (read: ALL) of the Copics; I'm getting sick of mix-n-match! (Wah! LOL)


Ok, enough whining - back to the important stuff: I used Annika, along with the Single Book from Hambo Stamps, and the One Smart Cookie set from Stampin' Up.


AND - you can see my very first ever stitching on a card, using my new toy...on the base layer of pink, anyway. There was SUPPOSED to be stitching on the little pink pocket, too...but that didn't work out for me (which is also why there is a bow on the right side, instead of the ribbon following through to the bottom of the pocket, as per the sketch...ooops!)

In the pocket lives a little bitty book mark - think Emily's actually going to use it? (Doubtful; it's only kindergarten!)




ANNNNNNDDDDDD,

(because I'm too lazy to make a second whole post)

today's a double-header - I also (finally) finished the FARM FRESH FRIDAY for The Greeting Farm! (WOOOO HOOOOO!)

This one uses the Farm Fresh Friday Sketch #4 and will be submitted to the Galleria in a few...
I had no idea what I was going to do with Marie's ADORABLE rendering of Edward from Twilight....all I knew was that my sister (who is 14) was going to wind up with whatever it was! She starts high school this fall, so I thought a notebook would be appropriate.
You can't see the music notes very well, but they are clear embossed on the black background... The CD was a 'Happy Accident' that I had while trying to make the circles the sketch actually calls for... I decided it looked pretty cool with Edward (who is supposed to look black & white) sitting on top of it. The flowers used to be white...until my Copics got hold of them...and those little wooden red hearts were in a huge package at the dollar store - oooohhhh, yeah! The flowers are actually quite sparkly IRL, too - the darkest parts on them are actually done with a Silver Atyou Spica pen.

I grunged up the CD a bit with my sanding block & some Staz On ink - it was just too shiny for the whole B & W thing I was going for.


I think it turned out pretty funky... let's see if it's a winner!
Th-th-th-that's All Folks - (and THANK YOU, if you made it this far!)
xo, ~S~




1 comment:

  1. WOW what a stunning card for the Mojo Monday challenge - your creativity is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!