Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Cookie Sheet Message Board #2

My husband's aunt throws a "Christmas in July" party every summer (although, it was "Christmas-in-Not-July" this year...), because it's just too much like work to try to get everyone together when it really is Christmas, and we all bring a small gift each for a gift exchange. This year, I made all three (one from Emily, and one each from Scott & I).

First up, my second ever Cookie Sheet Message Board: A little black spray paint, some patterned paper from I don't know where, and a whole bunch of magnets from the dollar store were put to good use for this project. The little round yellow magnets (under the white board) are just circles punched from paper that I inked yellow (it started out white) and then stuck the paper on the magnet & covered with Glossy Accents. The top left black circle is a chalk board (I am SO in love with chalkboard paint - and Mike's had a ton of wooden shapes on clearance...yay!), the middle one is (obviously) a cork board, and the bottom one is a sticky note holder. All three of the circles are magnetic, so they can be moved around at will. The calendar is a white board, and was framed in a really ugly orange; more black spray paint fixed that problem! It's also magnetic, and I made little month magnets for it (which are hidden in a little envelope behind the white board). For future reference, I DEFINITELY will be more careful with my adhesive - I just sort of put it on haphazardly, which was all good...till I sprayed on the clear coat! Now in some spots (ESPECIALLY under the piece of chalk) you can see the adhesive - like with vellum! Other than that, I think it turned out pretty well...now to make one for my new kitchen! (Think Scotty will go for pink in a grey kitchen?)

xo, ~S~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!