Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Desk Caddy... OR, Why Distress Inks Are a MUST!

When I was working before Lily was born, I was a 'sexytary' in a semi-truck dealership, and had one of the most entertaining bosses EVER. I swear, that man is one of the most quote-able people I have ever met...and some (*ahem, most*) of his quotes are pretty...um, colourful. You ever get songs stuck in your head? Well, this Michael V. Krassman quote was stuck so deep in the (wonky, sometimes scary) darkest places of my brain - and succeeded in keeping me up ALL night, till I went and did something with it! I didn't have any plaques sitting around that I could have painted up all pretty for his office wall, nor was I about to head out at 5AM to see if I could find one... so this (sorta-sloppy - forgive me; I was exhausted and leaning closer to full-on insanity with every second that passed!) first attempt at a desk caddy was born from drink coasters.
(YES! I (heart) Michael's' clearance! WOOT!)
The quote is:
"Nobody F'd With LBJ; Nobody F's With MVK!"
(In reality, there really are no abbreviated words - I just thought I'd try to at least fake a little professionalism! LMAO!)




Let's keep some things in mind here:
A) I DESPERATELY needed some Tim Holtz Distress Inks - (Check! Got me a few of them now!)
B) It was 5 AM and I was nearly insane - (think: 5AM, 7-ish months pregnant, with a very stubborn quote on repeat in my mind - I think I'm still a little nuts from it!!!!!!!)
C) ...
This is why you need to make sure you have the right supplies before you begin a project!
The idea was cool, but looking at it now, I can see a bazillion things to change... Looks like it's going to be a LOOOOOOONNNNGGGG night!
(Or not....But I DEFINITELY will be making Mr. Mike a new box - with all the good stuff - in the future!!!!!)

Tim Holtz = My (one-of-many) Hero (es)!!!
xo, ~S~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!