Monday, July 20, 2009

A Simple Wedding Card...

Hey there! I've just got a short little post today to show a simple wedding card that I made for Scott's cousin & his new wife...now it's just a matter of getting it to them!
All I did was:
*emboss the top portion of the card with the CuttleBug 'Birds & Swirls' embossing folder;
*stamp & clear emboss the sentiment - from an Inkadinkadoo set, I think;
*score a couple of lines above & below the sentiment with a Scor-Pal;
*and stick on a couple flowers attached with a brushed nickel heart brad.
Perfect if you're in a hurry - and especially if you were wanting to mass-produce some 'Thank You' cards (or something like that). Oh, and since we're lazy & just gave the happy couple some money, I put in a cute little pocket on the inside front of the card. To do that, I just embossed a rectangle (about half the height of the card) with 'Birds & Swirls' as well, then punched half of a 3/4" circle in the middle of the top section. I then attached that piece on 3 sides, leaving the top open to form the pocket...and promptly forgot to photograph it (which is a problem only because the card is sealed in it's envie, sitting in my purse, just waiting for the opportunity to jump out before I forget about the poor little thing again)!
Guess that's why I make cards and am not much of a scrapbooker...
Here's to the easy way out!
xo, ~S~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!