Thursday, May 5, 2011

'Debattista' Canvas

Dudes!

I'm totally stoked about how this canvas is progressing!

Lots of Gauche Alchemy goodies on here; parts from the Wholey Sheet Kit, a bunch of Ouchless Cardboard, and some various Mixed Media Colour Kits.

That's my mother's maiden name up there... and the feature is the tiny island of Malta; mom's parents & 3 older siblings immigrated to Canada sometime after WWII, and then my aunt & mom (the baby) were born here.

Yes, I know there's a huge open spot in the top left corner; I'm in the process of filling that in.  Plan A was to use a family photo of the 7 of them, but there isn't one to be found.  Plan B was to use two photos - one of my grandparents, plus one of the 5 siblings - again, that wasn't happening.  Plan C is to find 7 adult silhouettes & fill in each body with the appropriate person's given names, creating a text effect instead of just plain black silhouettes.... and that's what I'm working on now.

I'll be back...
Steph

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by!