Wednesday, January 6, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Finally!

Since it's been so long since I've blogged, this will be a long post....so to be nice, I'm going to separate everything into a few sections... read only what you care to!

Life (read: house):
We're finally moved & more-or-less settled into the new old house. The renos are pretty much complete, with a few minor tasks to finish up - like flooring in the bedrooms & loft, the railing for the loft, a couple coats of Verathane on three doors, and painting the back porch. There are, of course, some touch-ups to do on some walls around here, too...but that's not exactly a priority! We officially moved in November 15, 2009 - exactly 8 months after the renos began. I was doing really well getting things sorted & stashed, but then when my grandfather was moved into a care home, we wound up with a whole bunch of his stuff as well...so at the moment, most of it is in the basement, waiting for me to find it a home. I still have the loft to set up as well...which is a huge, daunting job, as there are about 20 years worth of toys that I need to go through. In the case of 'sentimental value' there are many things that were mine that it sort of breaks my heart to find a new home for... but on the logical side of things, most of that stuff, and most of Emily's stuff hasn't been seen or played with since the renos began... and since Emily doesn't even seem to miss any of it, is there a point to keep it? So...I think it's all going to stay packed for the time being...and when the weather is nicer, I'll go through it all & sort it into sell/donate/toss/keep piles. Maybe my mommy will help me with that project... we'll see. What else is happening in Life these days?

Emily:
Emily went back to school this past Monday, after being off since December 17th. So far, so good... she's doing awesome with her reading & writing, although sometimes she decides that she's going to be different and writes words backwards - like, mirror image backwards. I don't think I can even do that, without some serious thought...but it's no problem for her. Worried about dyslexia? I'm not. When she does this, it's completely intentional... like how some people are ambidextrous. Kind of cool, actually. On another note, the poor kid didn't have much of a 5th birthday...at least, in my eyes. My grandfather had a stroke shortly before her birthday (which was Oct. 24, btw) and so, we wound up spending the weekend (and a good chunk of the following week) in Portage at the Super 8, with my dad & step-mom, brother and sister (and their families). At least with other kids around, Emily was quite content in thinking that was her party - we did spend the eve of her birthday in the pool, and had cake in the room afterwards... Scotty wasn't there, and Emily certainly missed him.... but in the end, it was all pretty cool, since we only see that side of the family maybe once a year. (Background info: We're talking half-brother & sister; 8-ish & 11 years older than me.) As for Christmas, Emily was spoiled again...and even wound up with a Wii from Scott's parents. Cool, for the whole family.

Lily:
Oh, Lily....what a girl. She's 7 months old now, and as silly as ever. For some reason, she growls. A lot. I can honestly say, I've never heard a baby make the sounds this one is capable of... and it's funny - till she wakes up at 4AM and the growling heard through the monitor is what wakes you up - scary sometimes! LOL! She's rolling over (and over, and over) and sitting on her own...she's got a (very) healthy appetite, and is determined that if I'm eating something, she should be, too...she loves seeing people, and always has a huge smile for everyone she meets...and she is definitely a mommy's girl (LOVIN' that!). Yesterday, when she was playing on the floor, she was getting her knees under her and getting into a crawling position... it would only last about three seconds before she fell, but she kept on trying... Scary to think that it won't be long now till she's in full motion! (YIKES!)

Scott:
Not much to update there. Still hot. Still sweet. Still my favorite man and my best friend.

Me:
I haven't been up to much besides moving/sorting/placing/mothering/sorting/placing/cooking/sorting - see a pattern here?... I did, however, REALLY enjoy New Year's Eve - went to a party with The Mr. - found out my favorite airplane mechanic got himself engaged over the holidays (SO excited for you, Mikey!) - and was told a whole bunch at the party how great I looked... Yeah, I'm a Virgo. I'm SUPPOSED to be vain! LOL! Weighed myself when I got home... looks like I'm down to 135Lbs, from 182Lbs (right before Lily was born) - for not consciously doing anything, I'm pretty proud of myself - that's my pre-pregnancy weight! Now...to lose the last 20Lbs... I was 115 when I met Scott... You know, I'd be happy with even just losing 10 more Lbs. Let's put it this way....if it happens, cool. If it doesn't... well, I'm not going to stress over it! As for my happiness level: I'd say I'm at a 9.5/10. Once the clutter is completely un-cluttered, I will be at a 10! Life is good at the moment - there is nothing to covet, nothing to need, nothing to ask for that can't be taken care of by yours truly. I wish this feeling upon the entire world!!!!!!!!!!!!

And finally, what you probably actually came here to read about:

Crafting!:
I have finally been able to start crafting again! Monday, I created Dad's birthday card. (See Next Post) Tuesday, the girls & I drove down to Antler, ND to mail it. That evening, I created my step-mom's birthday card... that'll get mailed on the next trip to Antler - and I'll show it to you guys sometime this week. I have a few more things on my creative to-do list, but I figure if I can get done a card/day (life permitting), I'll be on a roll. So far, mission accomplished!

So - there you have it folks. Life is back to as normal as ever...and let me tell you, I am happy to see 2010!

Cheers!
Steph

1 comment:

  1. Heeheehee... Saw your crafting room photo over at tgf. Wow, wow, wow~! I thought I had a lot of supplies, but you can top me. I feel so much better at buying more stuff now. =) We should definitely hang out together! Come on~ After all, we are in the same continent!
    Love ya~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!