Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Online Card Classes: His & Hers - Day 1

Hello!

I'm taking another class at Online Card Classes - I'm totally hooked - and this time around it's His & Hers.  The whole goal this time around is to create a masculine & feminine version of your cards... fun!

Day 1's "theme" was "Thinking of You", which I loosely translated to "Sending a smile across the miles", and then combined it with PTI's MIM Challenge (blown ink).

See?!

Hers & His
  Kinda fun, right?  These cards hold a lot of firsts... first time I've used the bicycle & sentiment stamps, first time I've handsewn on a card, first time I've done the 'Blown Ink' technique... And, despite the Plum Pudding ink 'bleeding', I kind of love these.

Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Everyday Button Bits (PTI)
Paper:  Stamper's Select White, Summer Sunrise, Hawaiian Shores, Bitty Box Basics, Bitty Dot Basics, Funky Town (PTI)
Ink:  Lemon Tart (1st Generation), Summer Sunrise, Berry Sorbet, Hawaiian Shores, Winter Wisteria, Plum Pudding (1st Generation) (PTI Ink Refills); Versafine Onyx Black
Other:  Black Embroidery Thread, Sakura Glaze Pen

Oh, I added Sakura Clear Glaze pen over the bike images, as well...just gives it a little sheen & helps it to pop a little more (not that you can see that in the photo...).

I'm off to see what Day 2 has in store... catch ya on the flip side, yo!*
Steph

(* that statement clearly shows this girl needs another cup of coffee, too!)

10 comments:

  1. Adorable cards! Perfect for our "homework"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blown ink - love that you worked from a corner & used the bike image to lead the eye across to the right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these cards are so awesome! Love the blown ink and also the use of the buttons for the wheels - very innovative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the backgrounds with the bikes stamped over the top it really makes them stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute cards. Love how you positioned those bikes. Love those buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. super cute! would this be beginner's luck you nailed it the first time? (tee hee!) thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are GREAT! I would give either one to someone of either sex. Really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved looking through your blog. Visit Sunshine Pen Pals. We have a blast! http://sunshinepenpals.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those cards so much! Bicycling is one of my favorite hobbies.


    Melissa
    melissa.lynn.amaral[at]gmail.com
    http://wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!