Wednesday, August 12, 2009

TGF Week of Challenges Day 3

And a Challenge it is! Dude, I just couldn't believe it when I read the Day 3 Challenge from The Greeting Farm at 2:30 this morning...

BLUE AND BROWN!

Whaaaaatttttt??!?!?!?!!! Not outtta this girl! That colour combo is one I can say that I have NEVER used before... if anything screams 'country' to me, it's those two together...and despite the fact that I am a farmer's wife, I am just not country.

So....after a sleepless night thinking of what the heck I was going to do with that, I decided I better ink up Anya from the "Rock The Farm" set. (I did say country, didn't I?!) So I suppose now you're asking, 'Why do you even have that set, then?!' and my answer is: "I am a farmer's wife - I NEEDED it!" And...as my best friend announced yesterday, I can justify anything if I really want to, no matter how ridiculous it is!

Anyway, here is the result:

The patterned papers are out of a big ass K & Co box that was on clearance at Mike's last summer - and this is the first time I've ever used anything out of it! (Actually, there were 3 boxes...but that's a whole 'nother story!) Anyway, I just sort of plunked a couple strips down on the kraft base, added some Antique Linen & Walnut Stain Distress Inks, and stamped/wrote the sentiment on the bottom (which, btw, says: "Let's Go Rock the Farm!")... Who knows what's going to become of this card... It's probably going to go to Scotty at some point!


I paper pieced Anya using the same paper as the background stuff...added a bit of Copic Sketch, Atyou Spica, and Sharpie markers...a dab here & there with the white gel pen... and two coppery-looking brads. Oh, and a bit more Distress ink on the edges, just to dirty it up a bit!

TA-DAAAA! There, country. Blue & Brown. I did it. Whew, I think I need me a nap now - That was freakin' tough!!!!!!

xo, ~S~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!